Last Updated: September 3, 2020
What personal information is collected?
Wevr may collect information as described below. Wevr’s primary goals in collecting and using any information is to improve the Games, your user experience and games we may make in the future, contact you, conduct research and create reports for our internal use.
- Collection and Use of Game Analytics Data. If you connect to the Internet when using the Games, we may receive information from hardware manufacturers or platform hosts (such as HTC, Valve, Oculus, Humble, Licensor or a Licensor affiliate) and may automatically collect certain information from your computer or gaming unit. This information may include, but is not limited to, user IDs (such as gamer tags and screen names), game scores, game achievements, game performance, locations visited, hardware MAC address, internet protocol address, and your usage of various game features. All information collected by us is intended to be anonymous information that does not disclose your identity or constitute personal information, however, if you include personal information (such as your real name) in your user ID used with our platform hosts, then such personal information may automatically be transmitted to Licensor and used as described herein. The information that is collected and/or provided to us by hardware manufacturers or platform hosts is useful to us for troubleshooting, improving the Games and your user experience and helps us understand usage trends. This information may be associated with your IP address or user ID for the purpose of providing you services or support in connection with the Games.
- Customer Service. We may collect your e-mail address when you contact our customer service group and we may use that e-mail address to contact you about your gaming experience with Wevr and notify you about company news and promotions. If you no longer wish to receive certain e-mail notifications you may opt-out at any time by following the unsubscribe link located at the bottom of each communication or by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you apply for a job at email@example.com, we will process any information you send us via e-mail.
- Game Updates. We may occasionally send you game updates, patches and related push notifications that may be of importance to you. If you do not wish to receive these types of updates, patches and notifications you should discontinue use of the Games or disconnect your computer or device from the Internet.
- Data from Other Users. Other users may report suspect in-game behavior so we can ensure that users are playing fairly and abiding by the community standards. We process this information in order to fulfil our legitimate interests (to provide you with game support and ensure compliance with our Terms of Service).
- Press. We may receive testimonials from Game players via the public press and other news or review outlets that cover our Games. We process this information in order to fulfil our legitimate interests (to provide a safe and fun product).
- Third Parties. We may receive user names, and other information you provide, from third-party communication platforms and other forums that provide communication services for Game support. We process this information in order to fulfil our legitimate interests (to provide you with game support).
- Cookies. Wevr and our partners, such as marketing partners and analytics providers, may use tracking technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags and scripts. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the Wevr website, tracking Users’ movements around the Websites, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well aggregated basis. We process this information in order to fulfil our legitimate interests (to ensure our website works properly).
How do we use the information that is collected?
We may use information collected through the Games or provided to us by hardware manufacturersand platform hosts for the purposes described in this Policy or disclosed to you in connection with the Games. For example, we may use your information to:
- operate and improve the Games and future games we may make;
- understand you and your preferences to enhance your experience and enjoyment using the Games;
- respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- provide and deliver products and services you request;
- send you related information, including confirmations, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- link or combine it with other information we get from third parties and other users of the Games, to help understand your preferences and provide you with better services
With whom do we share your personal information?
We share your personal information with third parties, including:
- Regulators and judicial authorities and law enforcement agencies. There are circumstances in which we are legally required to disclose information, including to comply with a legal obligation or processes, enforce our terms, address issues relating to security or fraud, or protect our users or Wevr.
- As with any business, your personal information will become part of our normal business records. As such, we may also disclose your personal information to a third party if we decide to sell a line of business to that third party, so you can continue to receive service and information in connection with that line of business with as little disruption as possible. Similarly, in the event of a merger, acquisition, reorganization, bankruptcy, or other similar event, your personal information may be transferred to Wevr’s successor or assign.
- We may share aggregate or anonymous information about you with hardware manufacturers, platform hosts, publishers, business partners, and other third parties, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
For how long will we retain your data?
The data and information that we collect will be stored and maintained by Wevr until you instruct us otherwise, or, in our sole discretion, for the longer of: (a) for so long as is necessary or appropriate to carry out the purpose(s) for which such information was collected and (b) for so long as we are required to maintain such information by law or other applicable rules or regulations and your consent to such purposes remains valid after termination of our relationship with you.
What are tracking technologies and how are they used?
As is true with most web sites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. We do this in line with our legitimate interests to improve the services we offer you, to improve marketing, analytics, or website functionality.
What is Wevr’s policy regarding Children?
Wevr recognizes the privacy interests of children and we encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s use of the Games. Wevr Games are not intended for children under the age of 13, and Wevr does not target its services or the Games to children under the age of 13. We also do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected personal information from a child under 13 years of age, we will make commercially reasonable efforts to delete such information from our database. If you are a parent or guardian or otherwise become aware that a child under 13 years of age has provided us with personal information, please contact us to request it be deleted.
How secure is my personal information?
The security of your personal information is important to Wevr. Wevr has taken steps to assure that all information collected will remain secure. Wevr follows generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to Wevr, both during transmission and once it is received. In addition, Wevr will take reasonable steps to assure that third parties to whom we transfer any data will provide sufficient protection of personal information.
What if I have a question or complaint?
If you have any questions or wish to file a complaint, please feel free to e-mail Wevr at firstname.lastname@example.org or send a letter addressed to the following:
1001 Wilshire Boulevard #1028
Los Angeles, CA 90017
Access and Accuracy
Wevr will use commercially reasonable efforts to provide access to your personally identifiable information (to the extent we are in possession of any) if you request such access in writing submitted to email@example.com. Unless otherwise required under applicable law, Wevr reserves the right to deny access to your personally identifiable information
- when such denial of access is required by law;
- when granting you access is reasonably likely to negatively impact other people’s privacy;
- when such access is cost prohibitive; or
- when such requests are frivolous or made in bad faith.
If you believe that the personally identifiable information maintained by Wevr about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you may notify Wevr in writing describing in details any inaccuracies or omissions, submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Following receipt of such a properly submitted written notice, Wevr will, within a reasonable time period, use commercially reasonable efforts to, in its sole discretion, either: (a) amend or correct your personally identifiable information to reflect corrected or additional information provided by you, or (b) in connection with your personally identifiable information, make note of any claimed inaccuracies or omissions reflected in the notice submitted by you.
If you are a California resident, subject to certain exceptions and applicable law, you may have certain rights in relation to information we process about you. We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
- Your Rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
- You may have the right to request that we disclose the personal information we collect, use and disclose about you.
- You may have the right to have access to the information listed above;
- You may have the right to request the deletion of your personal information. We will retain the personal information if there are valid grounds under law for us to do so (e.g. for the defence of legal claims or freedom of expression), but we will let you know if that is the case. Note that the erasure of your personal data may adversely affect your gameplay experience, as well as your ability to play the game; and
- You have the right not to be discriminated against if you exercise any rights conferred on you by the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018
- Additional California Residents’ Rights. As a California resident, you may contact us with any questions or to request a list of third parties to whom we may disclose your personal information for such third parties’ marketing purposes and the categories of such information we may disclose.
Rights of Other Consumers
Individuals in certain other jurisdictions may have additional data subject rights. These rights vary but they may include the right to: (i) request access to and rectification or erasure of their personal data; (ii) obtain restriction of processing or to object to processing of their personal data; and (iii) the right to data portability. Individuals may also have the right to lodge a complaint about the processing of personal data with a data protection authority.
Exercising Your Rights