We’re looking for a Producer to help us build an interactive Virtual Reality experience based on a VR-native IP for release on first generation consumer VR hardware. This is a full-time, on-site, contract position. This is potentially a contract-to-hire position with opportunity for involvement in future projects. This role reports to the project’s Director and Executive Producer to deliver a best in class VR experience.
- Work closely with the project’s Leads to makes sure the team is executing in line with the Director’s vision for the project.
- Own the production processes for the project, including:
- Implement and manage day-to-day production processes and best practices in an Agile framework.
- Scheduling and Milestone Creation in line with project’s roadmap.
- Budgeting .
- Overseeing hiring and recruiting for the project across all disciplines.
- Ensure that communication is flowing smoothly both within the project’s team and to external stakeholders.
- Manage and mentor the rest of the project’s production staff, including coordinators and/or associate producers.
- Work closely with operations to ensure the team’s logistical needs are well met.
- Ensure that the project’s production is on-schedule and on-budget while maintaining the highest quality standard.
- Foster and maintain a positive culture and effective, sustainable working dynamics.
- Interface with external stakeholders and platform holders.
- 5-7 years of experience in production and project management in project-driven software development, preferably in Game Development.
- Shipping experience on at least 1 or more AAA quality titles (PC or Console.)
- Proven experience over the product life-cycle for multiple projects.
- Strong knowledge of Agile production methodologies (i.e. Scrum, Kanban.)
- Experience working with a team of 10+.
- Be a world-class communicator who can foster collaboration and problem-solving with other team members; able to help resolve interpersonal conflicts on the team if and when they arise.
- Strong familiarity various production tools: you are both an expert in using them and capable of training others to be strongly competent in their use.
- Exhibit grace under pressure– and help others do the same.
- Certified project management ability (PMI-PMP, Certified Scrum Master, etc.)
- Experience representing a product publicly and ability to appropriately engage with the community around a project.
- Experience building diverse teams and improving diversity within an organization.
- Production experience in other project-driven industries (VFX, Film and TV.)
- Passionate about VR, AR, MR, and new emerging technologies.
- Prior experience with VR development, either professionally or otherwise.